Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

new york city... get the rope... apparently my NYC blog never posted and I didnt know so here is a trip that happened in oct 2012

there used to be a pace picante sauce commerical that was talking about pace salsa being made in san antonio, tx & they had some that would talk bout salsa being made in NYC & they would shout new york city... get the rope. so I always say that line when I mention NYC.

Well i havent been doing a nightly blog of our travels & adventures while we are here in NYC, but im sitting at Drakeston's photoshoot and have some time, so i'll update now.

its been wild & crazy & fast. weve been here almost a week & we leave tommorrow. I booked our flight first & then hotel, wish i had known I was staying at Newark airport. We flew into Lagurdia airport. the flight was good, quick & easy, the next part not so easy. We spent 3.5 hrs on a plane nonstop from DFW to LGA, then we sat in baggage claim for an hr trying to figure out what i was gonna do. I forgot to book a car service for pick up. I found there was a shuttle between airports, we board that. We had a transfer station at Grand central, i wish we wouldve stopped & looked around, but a bus driver rushed us to board. I couldve boarded a later bus. We landed at noon. We got on bus & headed to Newark airport. i didnt know which place to get off at, so we got off at the 1st stop, which was wrong. so then we had to figure out where to go from there, we reboarded the bus & got off at the right place finally. Then we had to take a shuttle to our hotel. A plane, a bus, a shuttle, a bus & and another shuttle & 4 hrs later after getting off plane we make it to our hotel. We didnt do anything else that day. the next day I think we saw a lil bit of Central Park.

I ended up leaving my camera in Dallas in my car & My sister mailed it for us. While walking in Central park we came to a part of the park that I had seen many times before in my dreams. Ive never been to Central Park before this. I've had a dream for many yrs maybe 7-10. the dream is always gray except some green grass & green treetops a lil bit of sunshine popping through the treetops. & lots of tall buildings above the treetops. I walked right into my dream scape. We went back & later got some pics of the location.

The next day idk why but I decided to be very lazy. We stayed in the hotel all day, but I was trying to plan the next few days with the bus & subways & what should be seen. I finished reading a book I had on my phone.

& the days are starting to blur. weve done a lot of walking & a lot of bus & subway riding. Our commute from Newark to the city is any where from an hr to 2 hrs. Weve seen a lot of stuff in time square, a lil bit of Madison Square garden. We met with our manager at MMG NY our reason for our trip. Drakeston did excellant as he says. We've had a hard time getting him to talk & show his personality when we've met with agents & managers in the past. We couldnt get him to stop talking at this visit.

We got to see Newsies the musical which is what I was looking forward to the most. It was a movie that came out in the 90's. One of my favorites. I went to a dance camp every summer for many yrs & one of my dance instructors played Specs in the movie. This is the debut season of this musical & it was on broadway. I loved it. The theatre was awesome & I loved the sets & how they portrayed NYC. Drakeston didnt like it so much, he wanted to leave half way through. They did kinda change up a character or 2 but the story still went through.

We went to a famous NYC bowling alley called the bowlmor. It was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment