Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 7, 2012

a pinterest inspired creation

Ok this project started a whole lot of other projects for me. Its started me cooking. this is the pin I found on pinterest:


here is the blog link or you can find her pin in my receipe board on my pinterest page jennifer farrell.
http://clairsfairytale.blogspot.com/2012/01/ultimate-menu-board.html

Here is my version, with the colors I like. This paper is not Close To My Heart. It was just some pattern paper my mom had avalible. If I had been at my house when I created this it would have been in CTMH paper. The battery on the phone/camera was low, so I couldn't get a better light.


 ingredients: 11x14 frame. 2 12x12 papers of 1 pattern & part of another pattern piece of paper. 2 boxes the same size. (mine were a curad bandaid box, & a zyrtec allergy medicine box.) The original that I patterened mine from used 2 8ct boxes of crayons. a piece of ribbon,some glitter,paint, & a hot temp gluegun. 7 clothes pins.

receipe cards: 4 sheets of 12x12 paper for each color used. I used 7 colors, a different color for each day.

I painted my clothespins with some left over purple paint I used on a bookshelf a few yrs back. I took a scrap of each color & adhered it to the clothespin. I cut the recipe cards 2x4.5. I cut 52 of each color. That way I can have enough for the whole yr.

Cut 1 inch off the side of the 2 patterened papers that are the same, cut about 3 inches to fill in the gap of the 11x14 frame. Use the ribbon to cover the seam where you pieced the paper together. I used the cricut to cut menu.Run the letters through the xyron sticker maker, be sure you do the side that will have glitter on it 1st & glitter it then run it back through so it will have sticky on the back to stick to the paper.Use the 2nd pattern to cover the boxes.

I have 7 catergories of receipes pinned on my pinterest board: beef its what's for dinner,why did the chicken cross the road, pork the other white meat, one fish 2 fish red fish blue fish, potatoes/soups, breakfast & crockpot.

Im gonna cross label my crockpot cards with the same color of the main ingredient, so we will know what we will need for that receipe.

I also made a box to match with the leftover pattern paper that made the background of the board. it holds the receipe cards perfectly. It was a plastic container that once held hills bros cappuccino sugar free french vanilla powder mix in it.(p.s. we didnt really like the contents, but I held onto that box for a long time thinking it would be perfect for some future project. We actually threw out much of the powder cuz it never got used.)


No comments:

Post a Comment