Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

pinterest & pampered chef dinner 04/24/12

I worked locally today, & we didnt have any baseball games, just practice, that means I got to try out a pinterest recipe tonight.

http://pinterest.com/pin/100557004150030330/ bacon wrapped chicken rollups originally posted by blogchef:

http://blogchef.net/bacon-wrapped-chicken-recipe/

It was super yummy. My Dad usually doesnt like the meals that are prepared & usually just complains, but tonight he told me twice it was excellent! The boys on the other hand who are 12 & 8 didnt like the cream cheese. I expected the cream cheese to melt a lil more & be really creamy, but it kinda maintains it original texture & doesnt really melt, but it was still really yummy.

I think our oven is going out & it doesnt cook as fast as it should. I cooked mine for 40-45 mins where the recipe said 30-35 & then i only did 7 mins on the broiler, but by this time we were getting hungry & impatient & the yummy smell was infiltrating our noses. I probably could have left it on the broiler a few extra mins, not all of the bacon got crisp

A long while ago my mom & I attended a pamper chef party. We each bought a large microwave cooker & tonight was the 1st time either cooker was used. I washed the potatos,cut them up, I didnt even peel them, covered them in water, placed them in the microwave cooker, put the lid on & then microwaved for 5 mins at a time til it was done. It was my 1st time cooking potatos so I didnt know how long they should cook. Mine cooked about 15-20 mins. I then used another pampered chef tool I dont know what its called, but I think you use it to ground hamburger meat.  Its black has a nice handle & a rounded x on the bottom. I mashed it up, put the leftover cream cheese in the center & lots of butter,some paprika & some of the liquid that came off the chicken, so butter cream cheese, chicken stuff & bacon grease.

go give it a try.



2 comments:

  1. You need to start taking pictures of the food you cook. lol. It would be neat to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well i took a pic of my leftovers, but mine dont look as nice as the pics I get the recipes from on pinterest. Ive got some pics to post tonight after baseball game

      Delete