Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 15, 2012

taking pics in bluebonnets, a tx tradition

Well Ive been wanting to go get some bluebonnet pics, since they 1st started blooming in mid-march. This was not the easiest of tasks this yr. I had to replace my camera that was stolen in Nov. I was trying to be thrifty & thought I was getting a good buy & saving $20 by getting it at Sam's( a wholesale club). It turns out that it was $20 less cuz it didnt have all the features. It was missing the feature I wanted. I return that camera & begin searching again for cameras. I went to best buy 3 different times, & looked online. The original time I guess I overlooked this particular model I thought I had 2 choices $150 that didnt have the zoom & the features or $300 which had everything but I wasnt sold on the price. So I went to walmart, Target, & then Sam's. After Returning the camera I go back to Best Buy. This is when I found the 3rd model which was $200, it had all the features, & zoom & was a good price. Turns out everyone wanted that camera since it was 2 days before easter. They had to order me in one instead of just taking one off the shelf. A week later the camera finally came in. I ended up with a canon  powershot sx150 is . 


On Friday I was wanting to go out since the boys have a half day of school. I ended up misplacing the batteries & the shirts I wanted the boys to wear. I finally find the missing items, but by then daylight was gone. Sat turned into a sleep day since half the family went to relay for life from6p-6a friday night. Sunday we went after morning worship service, got some shots but the the boys werent being cooperative, went back after afternoon service & got some more. 


I guess I got more shots than what I originally thought I did.


here is my slideshow of picshttp://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f354/farrellcat/?action=view&current=1f316ed5.pbw&ps=1&t=1334535876




& no I didnt just add a cute lil girl to my family, i took my friend with me the 2nd time we went out so we could get shots of the 3 of us together. Its her little girl. My friend Jennifer said she mustve been posing for you, cuz she never sits that way. I wanted to get a pic of jennifer & mariah together but Jennifer was camera shy.


Sorry the fonts changed up, I copied something from facebook & blogger wont let me change the font. I keep highlighting & selecting a font but nothing changes.



I told the boys if they would cooperate I would take them to Orange Leaf afterwards. We enjoyed some cotton candy frozen yogurt with some sour worms on top.

edited 04/24/12
I had a laptop that died a long while ago, I gave it to my techie friend to try & retrieve my pics & such, well he had my computer from like 2005- 2011. He forgot he had it & then he wasnt in my life for a few yrs. He gave  me a disc with all the files he retrieved. It also  had a disc of pics that I had created in the computer bag. Tonight I thought I would see what was on one of  the discs. I found my 1st set of bluebonnet pics which was from 2004. I know I'm bad Alex was 4 yrs old & 1st time in the bluebonnets.







No comments:

Post a Comment